Make more money with non-performing notes and REO
It was late 2006 and I could see the writing on the wall.
Even as we careened toward peak values that wouldn’t arrive for a number of months, I could see it… “The Top”.
My entire life was wrapped in real estate. I had recently opened my brokerage, I had a condo project in the works… a baby on the way.
And there they were – all the signs of an impending correction.
My entire professional life, plus all of my income and assets, sat perilously in an industry that was about to go over a cliff.
Becoming an Expert in Distressed Assets Saved My Career
Like anyone who was as deep in real estate as I was at that time I did not emerge from the crisis unscathed. I took some hits.
But recovery was fast and furious.
Because when I saw the writing on the wall I immediately began positioning for profit.
It became clear that becoming an expert in distressed assets and working with the sellers of distressed assets would provide the best insurance and biggest opportunities in the years to come.
And I was right.
Over the next 6 years I was fortunate to be involved in more than $200,000,000 in foreclosures, note, and REO sales.
In 2009 I decided I’d begin sharing what I’d learned with other professionals and distressedpro.com was born.
Distressed Assets Provide Higher Returns in Any Market
Today’s market is completely different than it was in 2009.
But distressed assets continue to provide substantially higher returns for savvy investors.
You just have to know where to find distressed assets and you have to understand the strategies for profit.
There are fewer distressed assets available today than there were in 2009 but the volume of non-performing notes and REO in the market still top 100s-of-billions of dollars and remains historically high.
How do we know?
Our proprietary software, BankProspector, has been tracking distressed asset and contact data for brokers, investors, fund managers and other professionals for nearly a decade.
Don’t be fooled by the mainstream media hype.
The hangover from the Global Financial Crisis still isn’t settled and if you’ve been paying attention then you probably know that we’re already looking at the beginning of the next crisis.
Will you be prepared?
How to Make Money in Distressed Assets
Our subscribers are brokers, independent note investors, fund managers, auctioneers, wholesalers, fix-and-flippers, and others…
There’s no “one way” to make money in distressed assets.
But the best way to make money in distressed assets, like non-performing notes and REO, is to fully understand the life-cycle, the opportunities and the pitfalls for each type of asset at each stage of default.
When you’re skilled with a broad understanding of the types of distressed opportunities you have endless ways to profit in this market and in the markets that lie ahead of us.
Here’s Some of What You’ll See in the Distressed Investing Journal
Each month you’ll learn more about one or more of the 5 key areas that you must understand to prosper in this industry.
1. Finding Deals • The first thing you have to be able to do is FIND the deals. Today there are a variety of sources for distressed assets including banks, credit unions, hedge funds, special servicers, brokers, marketplaces, and the list goes on. We’ll introduce you to a wide variety of sources for distressed assets. We’ll take you behind the scenes and show you how to find the deals that will drive your profits. Making money in distressed assets STARTS with finding the deals.
2. Evaluating Opportunities • Distressed assets go trough various lifecycles including early default, workout, foreclosure, repossession and resale. With your Journal subscription you’ll learn how to identify different opportunities with various types of assets at each stage of default. You’ll see successful case studies and strategies. You’ll learn how others are making money with everything from REO (bank owned properties), to non-performing junior and senior residential or commercial liens, defaulted consumer credit cards … the full spectrum of distressed assets.
3. Due-Diligence • A full understanding of due-diligence is essential for avoiding losses. Too often, however, the loss that investors suffer is not the loss from acquiring a poor opportunity but the opportunity cost of failing to act on scary opportunity that actually would prove to be quite rich. We explore the different aspects of due diligence so you can distinguish between “deal killers” and simple nuisances that might derail others, but not you.
4. Funding, Flipping or Brokering Deals • Learn strategies for funding your own deals with both debt and equity. Learn the secrets of flipping or assigning your deals for faster profits. Part of being profitable in this business is understanding which approach you should take and when. The Distressed Investing Journal will help you do that.
5. Workout, Re-performance, Repositioning, and Resale • They say you make your money on “the buy” but that’s only true in distressed assets when you have a workable strategy in place. In the Journal we’ll look at the different profit strategies for a variety of situations. You’ll learn both the simple and the complex approaches are working for investors in today’s market.
There is no other publication on the market dedicated to your success in non-performing notes and REO.
Subscribe to the Distressed Investing Journal Today
Here’s what you can expect when you subscribe.
Become a Charter Subscriber for
$199 $79 (Save 61%!)
The Journal’s first publication date is August 15th, 2017.
Pre-order today and you will become a Charter Subscriber. Here’s what happens next:
- You’ll immediately get the eBooks and your new Basic Member homepage.
- On August 15th you will receive your first issue of the Distressed Investing Journal
- You will lock in your Charter Subscriber discount so that your rate never goes up
Subscribe now and get the tools, resources, and information that will help you get to the next level.